Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Hey there! Just in case you missed us, we're back from Disneyworld/beach vacation in sunny Florida! Much fun!
1. We totally surprised the girls this time. We picked up Anna from school (which was supposed to be her last day until snow days arrived!) and brought her into the car. We had everything set since we drove down. The girls asked "where are we going?!!!" We told them to push play on the DVD player. "Welcome to Disneyworld!", said the narrator. (Cue happy tears from Anna) They couldn't believe it! We couldn't believe that we actually kept it a secret for over 6 months!!!
2. We got our own personal Spectromagic Parade at 11pm on the last day. The closest people to us were about 50 feet away. Several of the characters came an shook the girls' hands. Like this dragonfly!
3. Our hotel, Disney's Pop Century resort was fabulous. Here was the view of the pool (shaped like a computer!)
We stayed in the 80's/90's building. Our building had giant Rubik's Cubes for stairwell covers.
We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone who needs to stay within a budget. Very clean. Fun pop culture stuff all over from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, & 90's.
4. We met one of the stars of the Lion King Show (Animal Kingdom) while we were on the street at MGM. Her name was, of all things, ANNA!
5. We met up with Lindsay Wasik and her mom Dixie at Magic Kingdom. Ask Lindsay about her pirate encounter!
6. Anna's teacher, Mrs. Wolff and her husband Stan, hosted us for a great day on the beach at Cocoa Beach.
One of my favorite pix from the trip in Paris!(Epcot)