Monday, September 25, 2006

Half Way There...


Back in early July I got fed up with never seeing any progress made in my running. I'd always start up with good intentions and then fizzle out a couple weeks later. This time, for some reason it stuck. I used to run around 8-10 miles per week. Now I've amped it up to 20 miles per week and I set a big goal. Starting on July 15th I decided to run 400 miles by Dec. 31st. I'm happy to report that I will pass the 200 mile marker tomorrow. In honor of the occasion I purchased some new official running shoes (since I went with style and have been running in trail shoes - NOT A GOOD IDEA!) I'm liking them so far . Asics GT-2110. Good stable shoe. Little stiff in the midsole, reasonably wide toe box. I'm looking forward to the next 200.

I ran in Key Bank's Salmon Chase this weekend. I ran the 10K (6.2 miles). Mostly just for fun. I DIDN'T FINISH LAST IN MY AGE GROUP!!! ...I finished second to last. Oh, well. I beat my goal time by 5 minutes. So I was happy.

No comments: