Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Weekend Recap Sept. 29-30


An AMAZING weekend, considering that we just held our Innovate conference!

Series: Heroes
Message: The Hero Within
Speaker: Rob Wegner
Worship Leader: Dan Vukmirovich

View service HERE

Arts Elements:
Prelude: "Ordinary" by Train
We used this older song from the Spiderman 2 soundtrack because it is really in your face powerful. Great power chords with heavy guitars. Switching back and forth from keyboard to electric is a little awkward, but better than having a lead instrument play from track.

Worship Songs:
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
I love this song! I've said it before, but I think our people need to hear this truth: "Our God is the God who saves!" Seeker and believer alike, we need to be reminded of this. I think singing it really internalizes it.
All to You - Lincoln Brewster
The slight shuffle beat that this has to it makes it fun to groove on. Our rhythm section, Justin Krause and Tom Polaski seem to have a lot of fun with this song.

Media: The Hero Within
A great script that our own Kristin Baker wrote. It features a lot of cool visual effects that Jeff Petersen and his team pulled off. (I might mention that my family, Lisa, Anna, and I are all in the voiceover part - see if you figure out who is who.) This was supposed to be the start of a 4 part media, which unfortunately got too big for us with time constraints. Would have been fun! Rats!

Special Song: My Hero - Foo Fighters
J Aquila is such a great asset to our team. I love his energy and better yet, I love his heart. He is a humble guy who really wants to use his gifts for God. This song was so full of energy coming out of the media. Big, gnarly guitars, baby!

Media: Baptism 2007
This was produced by Kim Volheim, our perennial baptism media maker. Yeah, he's won awards! The Robbie Seay song has the line, "you have saved us" which repeats. So great to see so many faces. I particularly liked the way Kim told a few mini-stories within the media by showing several pics from a given baptism. Very cool.

Again, I'm very proud of our team who continues to dig deep to make a great impact for Christ!

4 comments:

J Aquila said...

Thanks for saying that Dan. You're my bro.

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

J was awesome this weekend. I love his enthusiasm. I enjoy Justin’s playing and this weekend he was amazing. It was a great weekend in my opinion.

aaron dewinter said...

You guys rocked FOO

Anonymous said...

It was amazing! The media was so good!! kristin did an awesome job. J rocked it as always! I'm looking forward to the next few installments of Heros!