The five members of our Senior Management Team from Granger Community Church are going on a multi-day retreat this week to pray, plan and strategize for the coming year/years of ministry.
My friend, and teammate, Adam Callender came up with this idea:
For the 5 leaders of our church, pray 5 minutes at 5pm for this entire week.
I love to see the pastoral heart of Adam in this. Here was his email to our staff:
I don’t think I need to convince anyone that this is a very important time for Granger, not because of budget, but because we have a whole community, country, and world that needs to know Jesus TODAY, all while we face challenges like we have never faced before. Because of that significance I’d like to ask you to join me by praying for them this week. I will be praying for our 5 pastors for 5 minutes at 5pm everyday this week. With that here are the five things I’ll be praying for:
· Their families—that God protect them and show them love and peace while they are away
· Wisdom and Discernment to make sense of our current situation
· Unity—that God grows them together as one during this time
· Strength—to persevere for the 5 days of meetings and conversations
· Courage—Mark (and I believe God) made it very clear to us last year what his One Prayer is for His church and I don’t think that has changed today. Pray for courage for them to lead boldly not cautiously, so we can be a courageous church that gives glory to God.
Again, this is what I’m doing. You may choose to do more or less but I do encourage you to do something special this week.
I'm with him. If you'd like to join us, please do.