Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MacBook After 2 Weeks



Okay, so I'm a little late in letting people know that I'm a MacbBook owner now. I have been a "Mac man" for more than 2 years with a PowerMac that has been great. It was a little hard to carry around though. So I recently purchased a new MacBook (not the Pro or the Air) just a MacBook.

Two words, so far:

GOOD PURCHASE

We have found it has helped out so much in my traveling back and forth from work. It helps with dad monopolizing the computer when he's home (there's another option). It helps that during the winter our basement is a bit colder, so it's nice to do email at our kitchen counter.

Several impressions about MacBook (and Apple in general):

1. Great design - even as I opened the package (see below), form met function right away. I love that!



2. Integration - every program on Mac integrates wonderfully with the others. When I'm sound editing in Logic Studio, and I want to import a file from iTunes - drag and drop. Nice. My other audio programs go through a long import process.

3. Feel - I simply LOVE the new keyboards. I'm looking to upgrade my old PowerMac keyboard to one of the new ones. It feels great and is very accurate. No more sticky keys.

4. Maintenance - I'm the kinda guy that likes to have things take care of themselves. This is why we are cat people and not dog people. We like to have the cats "do their business" and not have to monitor that every time. I love that Macs take care of security/virus stuff within system updates. I don't have to make sure my Macafee is updated and my pop-up blocker is good to go. I realize that Vista has made considerable strides in this way, but I still think Mac is ahead in lower maintenance.

So, with that said, I'll get back to my MacBook...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Priorties:
1. God
2. Spouse
3. Kids
4. Mac
5. Everything else

Don said...

Hmmmm... i could almost convert! but shhhh... don't tell anyone!

Sherry Ingle said...

My son, Matt, has been trying to convince me to switch over to a Mac...another convincing point is that most viruses are written by Mac uses for PC's!!! Hhmmmm.