Friday, June 13, 2008

Arts Conferece Session 6 - Francis Chan

Arts Conference – Session 6 - Francis Chan

THERE’S GOTTA BE MORE!

Hard work and effort behind what we present – this partnering with God. 2 Tim. 2:15

The hard work has to be there but there is more. We can work ourselves into a frenzy (a la the prophets of Baal) or we can truly seek God’s and allow for the mystery, the Holy Spirit of God to move.

You can’t manipulate true life change. Only the Holy Spirit can do this.

Goal: When everyone walks away, not in awe of me, but in awe of Him.

Question:
Has anyone “seen my good works and glorified my Father in Heaven”?

I don’t want to just what I can do.

Is it only human effort or is it the Holy Spirit?

In Acts 1:6-7 – Christ tells the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit.

So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

When the Spirit moves, people don’t just say, “WOW! You guys are amazing!” They say things like, “WOW! I can’t explain what happened to me, but I God met with me.” This should be our goal.

Shouldn’t there be a difference between a person in whom the Holy Spirit of God resides and a person who does not have such a presence?
- We are temples of the Holy Spirit
- I am a temple of the Holy Spirit
- The Spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead lives in me!!!
- The power that is available to us is beyond comprehension.
- Everyone was filled with awe – Acts 2

Caterpillar becomes a butterfly. What must be going through its mind?

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come. Eph. 2:10

When we use our gifts and the power of Christ is breathing through us, there SHOULD BE AN EXPECTATION for God to move!!!

Our people are now coming for so much more than a good show. They come to experience the awe and wonder of God!!!!!!!

This is crucial for our programming.
1. Praying for God to move during the planning, during the implementation, during the execution.

Gideon’s army – 32,000 vs 300 – God wants the glory

“Something happened to me when God’s Spirit came upon me.”

Do we really pray with confidence that the God we love hears us?

Pour out on us – Your spirit and your love

THIS SESSION WAS WORTH THE WHOLE CONFERENCE!!! GOD’S PRESENCE, TANGIBLE IN THE ROOM. PRAISE YOU JESUS FOR SENDING YOUR SPIRIT!

1 comment:

Kristin Baker said...

I agree! Francis Chan + Holy Spirit = Amazing Unforgetable truths