We have our full arts team here at Willow Creek's Arise conference for the arts in church. Updates for each session are coming.
A miry pit – David is waiting. Waited 3x for God. Intense, passionate longing to be pulled out of the muck.
• Think of Mienmar – Typhoon
• We all fall into the muck – to be out of control
• Beyond hope
Drama – montage – this clever – 3 people – woman business, man porn, girl bulimia
- actors actually sing lyrics of song
Each of us has a spot – where weakness can creep in
Jealousy, envy, covetness
A point of confession. Only through this can we truly be healed. I think for me it has everything to do with satisfaction. Setting up idols before God. Whether it be approval or food or position or whatever. I must find satisfaction is Christ alone. He alone is able to satisfy me. “My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.”
Nancy confesses – laziness and apathy – numbness and superficial escape
- ministry often seems like an uphill battle
- God refocuses her negative thoughts
- She’s rescued when God gives her a glimpse
- Called to be faithful – not to producing results
- Called to intentionality
Thinking about the times when God has rescued us. Standing in silence as a testimony.
We need to put ourselves in places of waiting and surrender.
- solitude to be able to hear from God. Ministry must be preceded
From solitude to community to ministry – Henri Nouwen
True worship should always result in a fresh surrender.
- God responds to a surrendered heart
- Even using postures to signify this surrender
Proclaiming a NEW SONG to God. Let the congregation sing!
We need to remember that our people are in a miry pit as well. So what do we offer them?
We begin to think new thoughts when we listen to the still, small voice of God.
New songs aren’t limited to music:
- leading our team in a new way
- medias with creative ideas
We often aren’t creating enough NEW SONGS. Listening to God for INPUT in order to create OUTPUT.
If we are not careful, we will do ministry more out of memory than imagination. – Mark Batterson
Recreating weekends is SO IMPORTANT! We must fight against routine. Therein lies deadness. Our people miss out on the mystery.
Have you ever heard a worship song that you can complete the next line? We need NEW SONGS with NEW THOUGHTS on our experience of God. So much more about the full picture of God. Holiness on one side another on grace/mercy.
Present the word of God in its fullness. - Paul
Exploring God New Believers Growing in Christ Christ Centered
Willow is not doing a good job helping their people Growing in Christ and people becoming Christ Centered.
Classes available for their midweek. Even college level.
What does this mean for weekends?
- they become a primary gathering for ALL groups
- Creating services that help ALL groups take a next step
- Podcast with Jim Mellado and Bill Hybels
Are we telling the full story of God in our services?
- Getting alone with God to give us the new songs – solitude is crucial
- Christ loves the Church more than we do.